An unusual and fine pair of semi-detached houses consisting of three adjoining gable fronts, built on plots 342 to 344 purchased by Mr W.J. Ellis from the British Land Co. Ltd. for £192 in 1886. Mr Ellis lived in ‘Mona’ until 1893 and a private collection of documents detail later owners and occupiers including individuals significant to Tooting’s history. A parish boundary marker remains in the grounds of Mona – the land originally being on the boundary between Surrey parishes of Tooting Graveney and Mitcham. ‘The Gables’ is double fronted; a square bay and splay bay either side of the recessed porch with original painted coloured glass. This substantial house is barely altered with it’s lay out retained and enjoying attractive front gardens. In a panel on the central gable and to the infilled gullies either side are unusual and attractive floral and foliage inspired pargeting.