Our recent Christmas party had a Christmas Quiz about Tooting (and a DVD of Citizen Smith).
Out of 16 possible points, the highest score was 12. See if you can do better. Answers to be posted after Christmas.
- When did Tooting Broadway underground station open?
- How many passengers went through Tooting Broadway station in 2016 (nearest 100,000)?
- Where was the original workhouse for Tooting Graveney parish?
- What was the name of the old Roman Road through Tooting, now the A24?
- Which Roman town was at the Southern end of the Roman Road?
- Which town was Sidney Lewis sent to train as a machine gunner when he signed up for the British Army?
- What was invented at a rock and roll concert at the Castle Pub, Tooting in 1970?
- A statue of which king stands outside Tooting Broadway tube station?
- When was the Tooting Parish Church of St. Nicolas rebuilt?
- When the Tooting Granada opened in 1931, how many people could it seat?
- Which two world-class snooker players played at Zans Snooker Hall in the 1980’s?
- Which actor played Wolfie Smith in Citizen Smith?
- Which music hall artist is commemorated in a blue plaque on Longley Road?
- Where was St. George’s Hospital located before it moved to Tooting?
- What is the name of the running grounds which were located just off Garratt Lane and commemorated with a green plaque this year?